Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Subterranean Termites


There are 2 types of homes in Arizona; ones that have termites and ones that will have them. Subterranean termites are all over Arizona. They need a moisture content of 19% or greater and they build mud tubes to keep moisture and shelter. The workers break down the cellulose in the wood with a organism in their gut called Protozoa. Then they regurgitate the material to feed the soldiers, reproductives and nymphs. The process to treat a home is mainly focused on treating the soil because these type of termites don't live in your walls. They live and have to return to the ground. Winter is not a very active season for termites. I have noticed termites swarming twice in Arizona. They swarm in spring and the monsoon months. I have come to believe it has to do with the level if humidity in the air. I've noticed the level of mud tubes emerging the most after a good warm monsoon shower . I usually include a 2 year warrantee with a whole house treatment for termites. The product I use is called termidor he which is the top selling termiticide out there. It's supposed to last 5 years. Give me a call today at 520-414-0284 for a free inspection and estimate. Or visit my site at http://www.abugguy.con

http://specialtypest.com
520-424-5244

No comments:

Post a Comment